Covid-19 Information page

*Any information on this page could possibly be subject to change at any time based on the outlines put forth by the Health Unit.*

Assumption of Risk

Without a vaccine or cure for Covid-19 there will always be risk of contracting the virus when participating in any public activity. SPIKE’S does not cover insurance that covers pandemic diseases or contagions including Covid-19. 

General

The changes we have made to the facility, its policies and protocols are required for us to safely reopen. Your patience and understanding during this time, is greatly appreciated. Any person not complying with our new policies and protocols may be asked to leave immediately.

Be a team player-Wash your hands. Physical distance. Stay home if you do not feel well.

Do not share water bottles, tissue boxes etc.

Please discard any garbage in a garbage can provided or at home. Not on the courts, not on the floor, not in the parking lot. Ty 

Personal Hygiene

We STRONGLY recommend that all players wear a mask or face covering while playing.

Please wash/sanitize your hands before leaving your vehicle.

All participants must have closed containers (ie Ziplock bags) to allow for the safe disposal or storing of all hygienic materials.(kleenex, towels etc).

NEW! The wash off area is again closed due to the changes made by the ministry of health on October 21st.  Like with every area in the facility you need to have your mask on and use physical distancing.

There are many sanitizer stations within the facility for your use. But we do recommend you bring your own wipes and hand sanitizer too for additional protection if and when you feel you want and need it. 

Facility

  • We have separated the courts from the lounge area. The only access to either area is from the parking lot.
  • NEW! League players will enter and exit on court 1.
  • NEW! Players must show up no earlier than 5 minutes prior to game times.  If you show up earlier than 5 minutes prior to your game time you must wait outside in your car.  This is to allow those that are leaving from the games prior to yours to exit the facility and for us to clean and sanitize the courts.  You cannot wait in the facility due to the new guidelines outlined by the ministry of health on October 21st. 
  • The outdoor patio has been doubled in size to allow for current table spacing requirements. 
  • A significant number of tables, chairs and rail seating has been removed indoors (lounge and walkways) to allow for current table spacing requirements.
  • Hand sanitizer stations have been installed at every entrance and exit.
  • Additional signage has been put up to help educate players with respect to current changes and assist with the flow of people within the various areas.
  • NEW! The foot wash off area and change rooms are closed until further notice.  (change rooms already were but we have had to re-close the wash off area.
  • Additional cleaning of all areas will take place throughout each evening and during the day.

Masks

  • We STRONGLY recommend that all players wear a mask or face covering while playing.
  • Masks are required while travelling to and from indoors of the facility including lounge, walkways, washrooms, and court areas.
  • Masks are not required when you are seated at a table in the lounge or patio.  If you are standing you require a mask.
  • If you are Mask Exempt:  We ask that you please do your part to keep yourself and others around you as safe as possible.  
    • Please wait outside the facility (in parking lot or your car) until a few minutes before your match is to begin.  Proceed directly to your court upon entering the facility.  Please use the sanitizing station as you enter and exit.
    • Please do not enter the lounge
    • Please do not use the foot wash area after your match
    • And, if possible, please do not use the facility washroom.
  •  Your assistance at this time is greatly appreciated.  If you have any concerns regarding these requests, please leave your contact information at the front and the owner will contact you within 48 hours.  Thank you.

Leagues

  • We STRONGLY recommend that all players wear a mask or face covering while playing.
  • We have removed a one- hour time slot each night to allow for 15 minute spacing between league matches. This will provide players time to exit the court area before the next set of players enter. It will mean less teams allowed to register for leagues.
  • Please physical distance whenever and wherever possible.
  • Players are not permitted to deliberately physically contact each other on the court.
  • If a ball from another court comes onto your court, lightly kick it back to the other court. Do not pick up the ball and toss back.
  • Change-rooms and wash off area will not be available. Players will need to come dressed and ready to play.
  • Please refrain from bringing knapsacks into the facility.
  • Nothing (shoes, coats, purses etc.) can be left at a table, walkway or gathering area (indoor lounge, outdoor patio) while you play. These items must follow you to the court or be left in your car. As always, do not leave wallets and purses in your car. 
  • The only ones allowed on the courts are the league players playing. No spectators. This includes children, adults and friends willing to flip scores.
  • League players are asked not to show up more than 5 minutes early for their match unless they expect to be seated for food and beverages beforehand.  If you show up earlier please wait in your vehicle.
  • League players cannot enter the court area more than 5 minutes before the start of their league game.
  • Please refrain from high fives, low fives, and group hugs before, during and after games.
  • Do not shake hands with opposing teams after games but a verbal “Good game” after games is always welcome and recommended.
  • When the buzzer goes to end the match, please stop play as the match is over. If the score is tie when the buzzer goes, please finish off the point. Do not continue playing otherwise. There is additional cleaning required between games. We need players to exit on time.
  • Please fill your water bottle at home before games.  
  • We may have to limit the number of spares allowed per team to keep within the 50 player per league guideline.
  • NEW Coed 6’s teams can only show up with 6 players each week.  No subs are allowed on the side lines. 

Lounge and Patio

  • Seating in both indoor and outdoor areas is now significantly more limited than ever before.  You will need to be seated by the host or hostess.
  • Please sanitize your hands before entering the indoor lounge or outdoor patio.
  • Please physically distance.
  • There is no front counter bar service. The only way to order food and drinks is from the waitstaff.
  • You cannot travel from table to table socializing. This will be very hard for some but required. Sorry   
  • Do not move any furniture, everything is spaced out as required
  • Do not leave children under 12 unattended. 
  • Nothing (shoes, coats, purses etc.) can be left at a table, walkway or gathering area (indoor lounge, outdoor patio) while you play. These items must follow you to the court or be left in your car. As always, do not leave wallets and purses in your car. 
  • NEW! Only 6 persons to any table and no standing you must be seated.

Facility shutdowns In Future.

  • If the government mandates a second shutdown due to Covid-19, the Fall 2020 league session will be suspended immediately. The decision to wait out the suspension or cancel the remaining portion of the season will be based on information available at the time and will be decided by SPIKE’S owner and management.  
  • If the decision is made to wait out the suspension, the season will resume where we left off when we are permitted to reopen.  
  • If the second shutdown occurs before the season has started and the decision is made to cancel the season, SPIKE’S will refund 100% of the league fees paid by players.
  • Fall 2020-If the second shutdown occurs after the season has started and the decision is made to cancel the season, SPIKE’S will calculate your refund by taking the remaining weeks left in the season from the time of shutdown and refund 70% of those remaining weeks. 30% will be kept by the facility and put towards facility expenses.
  • Winter 2021-If the second shutdown occurs after the season has started and the decision is made to cancel the season, SPIKE’S will calculate your refund by taking the remaining weeks left in the season from the time of shutdown and refund 70% of those remaining weeks. 30% will be kept by the facility and put towards facility expenses.  This refund will exclude any credits related to the Winter 2020 league.
  • As long as we can accommodate your league, even in a reduced capacity, there will be no refunds. These restrictions mandated by various government bodies continue to put a strain on our long term viability as a business.  Our goal is to keep the doors open and keep all teams playing.